Monday, December 20, 2010

I more You & You more I

Whenever I slip out of your orbit
 You send me a comet to remember you by.
There are times when both of us
 Fall out of love
And your features blurr
And desire crumbles into dust
Replaced by mild bewilderment.
 And the painless loss of the one I loved
Or thought I loved.
We meet in dreams,
 In the early morning dawn
Bathed in fog and drops of dew.
So much hesitation,
 Would this mark our lives?
But when I think I have left you behind
 In the pen on your mahogany office desk.
In the incessant meetings, oblivious to my absence,
Your scent lingers
It wafts into my bedroom window
Seeps into my Marchesa gown
Wears my gloves,
 Picks up my Chanel bag.
 Our road leads to nowhere
But it doesn’t deter us from
Leaving indelible marks
On each other’s features,
 Like permanent tattoos
 Conspicuous, noticeable,
 As though to draw attention.
Whenever I slip out of your orbit
You send me a comet to remember you by.
By now I have become more you
 And you more I.

2 comments: