Saturday, April 23, 2011

I carry with me



I carry with me
 Ghosts of friends
 I feel their presence
 In the whispers of tall trees
 And the fading daylight
 When I follow the broken trail
Of the brook and
My childhood memories
Sometimes I think
 I have conjured them up
 Out of things that never were
 Because people change
 I don’t know if
 You are still the one
 I couldn’t live without
 Or live with.
 But you speak when I am silent
You speak when tears flood my eyes
 And when the wind changes its course
 You speak, you taunt, you laugh
 Your laughter rings in my ears.
 These ghost have been to me
Great companions
 In times of great loss
 And pain that pricked my soul
 And even though many days have passed
 And many summers and winters might pass
I would still wish you were here.

2 comments:

  1. My favourite part..

    'When I follow the broken trail
    Of the brook and
    My childhood memories
    Sometimes I think
    I have conjured them up
    Out of things that never were
    Because people change
    I don’t know if
    You are still the one
    I couldn’t live without
    Or live with.'

    Nice read. I 'lost' my literary blog, I may just start again. ;]

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ le miserable, thnk you for the appreciation!
    looking forward to u strting ur poetry blog! would love to read them

    ReplyDelete