Saturday, April 30, 2011

I THINK OF ALL THE LIGHTS THAT I HAVE PUT OUT


I think of all the lights
 That I have put out,
 All the dreams that I have
 Blown to smithereens.
 I want
 More than the world
 Can afford to offer me,
 I want blue skies,
 I want to lie and count
 The stars at night.
 They tell me
 I cannot have that,
 I must live in fortresses
 And palaces
 Built of the best
 Marbles and steel,
Marks of civilization
 That I must conform to.
 It’s as though fear
 Drives my land
And each one spies
 On the other
 And cruel tongues wag
 And whisper behind closed windows.
 I have bled in order to change
 And all those who love me
 They are a part of the conspiracy
 And I am torn
 Between loyalty and truth.
 Great changes
 Demand even greater sacrifices
 And even truth can’t
 Make better the loss.
So even under
The immense cloud of forgetting
I still think
 Of all the lights that I have put out.

No comments:

Post a Comment