Tuesday, October 8, 2013

You left abruptly

You left abruptly 
Left with the dark of the night
Before sunlight found its way to me
Through the slight parting of the curtains 
In your room which is so full of you 
Even when you are absent 
I woke up without you 
And I haven't heard from you since 
Your letter i carry with me 
Holding on to the last of you 
Panic rises and subsides like tidal waves 
Thinking of how fragile our world is,
That two years worth of everything can disappear without trace 
In that unknown place between sleep and wakefulness 
there is too much and too less in what we are 
You vanish so easily from my world 
But I m terrible in my love for you 
That you are gone 
And that i have to do these all alone-breathing, waking up, laughing, smiling, frowning, 
There are lives that i collide into 
Your friends,  our friends
The places which you filled 
And fitted into, so snugly so effortlessly, empty now, abandoned 
As though things were dying 
In your absence i tell myself that i am imagining things
Even though silence rings loud
Disturbs, hurts, like the clinging of metal on metal 
But I hang on to the promise 
you had kissed me before you left 

No comments:

Post a Comment